Compiled Mantra of Thousand Hands of Avalokiteshvara (千手經)


Thousand Hands (千手經)

- Translated by Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism -

JONG GU-OP JIN-ON 淨口業眞言
(Mantra for clean verbal karma)
SURI SURI MAHA SURI SUSURI SABAHA (3 times)
SURI SURI MAHASURI SUSURI SABAHA (3 times)
O-BANG-NAE-WE AN-WI-JE-SHIN-JIN-ON
五方內外安慰諸神眞言
(The mantra that pacifies all the inner and outer gods, spirits and ghosts in the five directions.)
NAMU SAMANDA MOT-DA-NAM OM DORO DORO JIMI SABAHA (3 times)
NAMU SAMANDA MOT-DA-NAM OM DORO DORO JIMI SABAHA (3 times)
KAE-GYONG-GYE 開經偈
(Sutra-opening chant)
MU-SANG SHIM-SHIM MI-MYO-BOPBAEK-CHON MAN-GOP NAN-JO-U
無上甚深微妙法 百千萬劫難遭遇
A-GUM MUN-GYON DUK-SU-JIWON-HAE YO-RAE JIN-SHIR-UI
我今聞見得受持 願解如來眞實意
How unsurpassable, profound and marvelous the Budd\ha’s teaching is! It is very rarely met with even in a zillion eons. Now that I have the good fortune of hearing, seeing, obtaining, accepting and preserving it, O Tathagata, please let me realize your true intention.
GAE BOP-JANG JIN-ON 開法藏眞言
(The mantra that opens the gem store of the ocean of Dharma)
OHM ARANAM ARADA (3 times)
OHM ARANAM ARADA (3 times)
CHON-SU CHON-AN KWAN-JA-JAE BO-SAL KWANG DAE-WON MAN MU-AE DAE-BI-SHIM DAE DA-RA-NI GYE-CHONG
千手千眼觀自在菩薩廣大圓滿無碍大悲心大陀羅尼啓請
(Kneeling down on my knees, I respectfully request. Please grant me The Great Dharani of the Vast, Great, Complete and Unimpeded Mind of Great Compassion of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara possessing A Thousand Hands and A Thousand Eyes.)
KE-SU KWAN-UM DAE-BI-JU
稽首觀音大悲呪
I bow my head to Avalokiteshvara, the lord of great compassion.
WOL-LYOK HONG-SHIM SANG-HO-SHIN
願力弘深相好身
By the power of your vows so vast and deep your body is radiant and beautiful with the glory of marks and signs.
CHON-BI JANG-OM BO-HO-JI
千臂莊嚴普護持
Adorned with one thousand arms, you guard and benefit all the sentient beings.
CHON-AN KWAN-MYONG BYON-GWAN-JO
千眼光明遍觀照
With bright rays of light emitting from your one thousand eyes you watch over the cries of the countless worlds.
JIN-SHIL-O-JUNG SON-MIL-O
眞實語中宣密語
You pronounce the secret mantras through truthful speech.
MU-WI SHIM-NAE GI-BI-SHIM
無爲心內起悲心
You generate the mind of compassion unattached to enjoying your own Nirvanic bliss of inaction.
SOK-RYONG MAN-JOK JE-HI-GU
速令滿足諸希求
You swiftly accomplish all the wishes of migrators,
YONG-SA MYOL-CHE JE-JE-OP
永使滅除諸罪業
Removing forever all their sins and karmic obscurations.
CHOL-LYONG JUNG-SONG DONG-JA-HO
天龍衆聖同慈護
Gods, dragons and hosts of divine beings likewise mercifully guard us,
BAEK-CHON SAM-MAE DON-HUN-SU
百千三昧頓薰修
So that we may gain sudden awakening and its gradual permeation through hundreds and thousand of samadhis.
SU-JI SHIN-SHI KWANG-MYONG-DANG
受持身是光明幢
The body accepting and upholding this great dharani is a bright banner of victory.
SU-JI SHIM-SHI SHIN-TONG-JANG
受持心是神通藏
The mind accepting and upholding this great dharani is a storehouse of supernatural power.
SE-CHOK JIN-RO WON-JE-HAE
洗滌塵勞願濟海
With all the wordly dusts and stains washed away. May I be freed from the ocean of samsara’s sufferings.
CHO-JUNG BO-RI BANG-PYON-MUN
超證菩提方便門
May I transcend the gateway of skillful means, and realize in myself the supreme awakening.
A-GUM CHING-SONG SO-GWI-E
我今稱誦誓歸依
Now that I praise you, offering my respectful homage to you,
SO-WON JONG-SHIM SHIR-WON-MAN
所願從心悉圓滿
May all my longings be completely fulfilled as desired
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A SOK-CHI IL-CHE-BOP
願我速知一切法
So that I may swiftly come to realize all truths of this world.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A JO-DUK JI-HAE-AN
願我早得智慧眼
So that I may swiftly gain the brilliant Eye of Wisdom.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A SOK0TO IL-CHE-JUNG
願我速度一切衆
So that I may swiftly rescue all sentient beings from the sea of suffering.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A JO-DUK SON-BANG-PYON
願我早得善方便
WON-A JO-DUK SON-BANG-PYON
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音 
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A SOK-SUNG BAN-YA-SON
願我速乘般若船
So that I may swiftly board the boat of enlightenment’s wisdom.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音 
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A JO-DUK WOL-GO-HAE
願我早得越苦海
So that I may swiftly cross the sea of life and death, of suffering.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音 
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A SOK-DUK KYE-JONG-DO
願我速得戒定道
So that I may swiftly attain the path of the Precepts.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A JO-DUNG WON-JOK-SAN
願我早登圓寂山
So that I may swiftly climb the mountain of Nirvana beyond life and death.
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A SOK-HAE MU-WI-SA
願我速會無爲舍
So that I may swiftly reach the home of Truth
NA-MU DAE-BI KWAN-SE-UM
南無大悲觀世音
I take refuge in the Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara;
WON-A JO-DONG BOP-SONG-SHIN
願我早同法性身
So that I may swiftly become a body of truth and enlightenment.
A-YAK HYANG-DO-SAN
我若向刀山
If I confront a mountain of swords in the hells,
DO-SAN JA-CHE-JOL
刀山自推折
May the mountain of swords shatter of itself.
A-YAK HYANG-HWA-TANG
我若向火湯
If I confront the boiling caldron in the hells,
HWA-TANG JA-SO-MYOL
火湯自消滅
May the boiling caldron be destroyed of itself.
A-YAK HYANG-JI-OK
我若向地獄 
If I confront the hells,
JI-OK JA-GO-GAL
地獄自枯渴
May the hells evaporate of themselves.
A-YAK HYANG-AKWI
我若向餓鬼
If I confront the hungry ghosts,
A-KWI JA-PO-MAN
餓鬼自飽滿
May their appetites be satiated.
A-YAK HYANG-SU-RA
我若向修羅
If I confront the fighting spirits,
AK-SHIM JA-JO-BOK
惡心自調伏
May they surrender their evil hearts
A-YAK HYANG-CHUK-SAENG
我若向畜生
If I confront the animals,
JA-DUK-DAE-JI-HAE
自得大智慧
May they attain great wisdom by themselves.
NA-MU KWAN-SE-UM BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL 南無觀世音菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Bodhisattva Mahasattva Avalokitesvara.
NA-MU DAE-SE-JI BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無大勢至菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Bodhisattva Mahasattva Taeseji.
NA-MU CHON-SU BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無千手菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Bodhisattva Mahasattva with a Thousand-Hands.
NA-MU YO-UI-RYUN BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無如意輪菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Bodhisattva Mahasattva who pssesses the Wheel Bodhisattva Mahasattva.
NA-MU DAE-RYUN BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無大輪菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Great Wheel Bodhisattva Mahasattva
NA-MU JONG-CHI BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無正趣菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Bodhisattva Mahasattva Right Path.
NA-MU MAN-WOL BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無滿月菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Moon-faced Bodhisattva Mahasattva
NA-MU SU-WOL BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無水月菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Moon-Reflecting-in-Water Bodhisattva Mahasattva.
NA-MU GUN-DA-RI BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無軍茶利菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Kundari Bodhisattva Mahasattva.
NA-MU SHIP-IL-MYON BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL 南無十一面菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Eleven-Face Bodhisattva Mahasattva.
NA-MU JE DAE BO-SAL MA-HA-SAL
南無諸大菩薩摩詞薩
Homage to Chedae Bodhisattva Mahasattva.
NA-MU BON-SA A-MI-TA BUL (3 times)
南無本師阿彌陀佛
Homage to Our Original teacher Amita Buddha.
SHIN-MYO JANG-GU DAE-DA-RA-NI
(The Great Dharani with Mystical and Marvellous Stanzas and Verses)


NA-MO-RA DA-NA DA-RA YA-YA NA-MAK AL-YAK BA-RO-GI-JE SAE-BA-RA-YA MO-JI SA-DA-BA-YA MA-HA SA-DA-BA-YA MA-HA GA-RO-NI-GA-YA OM SAL-BA-BA-YE-SU DA-RA-NA GA-RA-YA DA-SA-MYONG NA-MAK-KA-RI-DA-BA I-MAM AL-YA BA-RO-GI-JE SAE-BA-RA DA-BA I-RA-GAN-TA NA-MAK HA-RI-NA-YA MA-BAL-TA I-SA-MI SAL-BAL-TA SA-DA-NAM SU-BAN A-YE-YOM SAL-BA BO-DA NAM BA-BA-MAR-A MI-SU-DA-GAM DA-NYA-TA O-OM A-RO-GYE A-RO-GA MA-JI-RO-GA JI-GA-RAN-JE HYE-HYE-HA-RE MA-HA MO-JI SA-DA-BA SA-MA-RA SA-MA-RA HA-RI-NA-YA GU-RO-GU-RO GAL-MA SA-DA-YA SA-DA-YA DO-RO-DO-RO MI-YON-JE MA-HA MI-YON-JE MA-HA MI-YON-JE DA-RA DA-RA DA-RIN NA-RYE SAE BA-RA JA-RA-JA-RA MA-RA-MI-MA-RA A-MA-RA MOL-JE-YE HYE-HYE RO-GAE
SAE-BA-RA RA-A MI-SA-MI NA-SA-YA NA-BAE SA-MI SA-MI NA-SA-YA MO-HA-JA-RA MI-SA-MI NA-SA-YA HO-RO-HO-RO MA-RA-HO-RO HA-RYE BA NA-MA-NA-BASA-RA SA-RA SI-RI SI-RI SO-RO SO-RO MOT-CHA MOT-CHA MO-DA-YA MO-DA-YAMAE-DA-RI-YA NI-RA GAN-TA GA-MA-SA NAL-SA-NAM BA-RA-HA-RA-NA-YA MA-NAK-SA-BA-HA SHI-TA-YA SA-BA-HA MA-HA-SHI-TA-YA SA-BA-HA SHI-TA-YU-YE SAE-BA-RA-YA SA-BA-HA NI-RA-GAN-TA-YA SA-BA-HA BA-RA-HA MOK-KA SHING-HA MOK-KA-YA SA-BA-HA BA-NA-MA HA-TTA-YA SA-BA-HA JA-GA-RA-YOK-TA-YA SA-BA-HA SANG-KA SOP-NA-NE MO-DA-NA-YA SA-BA-HA MA-HA-RA GU-TA DA-RA-YA SA-BA-HA BA-MA-SA GAN-TA I-SA-SI CHE-DA GA-RIN-NA I-NA-YA SA-BA-HA MA-GA-RA JAL-MA NI-BA SA-NA-YA SA-BA-HA
NA-MO-RA DA-NA-DA-RA YA-YA NA-MAK AL-YAK BA-RO GI-JE SAE-BA-RA-YA SA-BA-HA (3 times)
四方讚
(Praises to the Four Directions)
IL-SAE DONG-BANG GYOL-DO-RYANG
一灑東方潔道場
First, by cleansing the East, this Temple becomes spotless.
I-SAE NAM-BANG DUK-CHONG-RYANG
二灑南方得淸凉
Second, by cleansing the South, my heart becomes free.
SAM-SAE SO-BANG GU-JONG-TO
三灑西方具淨土
Third, by cleansing the West, the universe becomes the Pure Land.
SA-SAE-BUK-BANG YONG-AN-GANG
四灑北方永安康
Fourth, by cleansing the North, my path becomes tranquil.
道場讚
(Chant in Praise of the Temple, Bodhimandala)
DO-RYANG CHONG-JONG MU-HA-YE
道場淸淨無瑕穢
Now that the bodhimandala has been purified and free from any defilements,
SAM-BO CHOL-LYONG GANG-CHA-JI
三寶天龍降此地
May the Three Treasures, Sky Dragons descend to this place.
A-GUM JI-SONG MYO-JIN-ON
我今持誦妙眞言
As I cherish and chant the marvelous mantra,
WON-SA JA-BI MIL-GA-HO
願賜慈悲密加護
Mercifully bestow upon me your secret protection.
懺悔偈
(Repentance Verses)
A-SOK SO-JO JE-AG-OP
我昔所造諸惡業 
Whatever sins and negative karma I might have committed.
GAE-YU MU-SHI TAM-JIN-CHI
皆由無始貪嗔痴
They are due to the desirous attachment, anger and ignorance since beginning less time,
JONG-SHIN GU-I JI-SO-SAENG
從身口意之所生
Born with my body, speech and mind.
IL-CHE A-GUM GAE-CHAM-HE
一切我今皆懺悔
Now I confess with regret all of them, whatsoever.
CHAM-HE JIN-ON 懺悔眞言
(The Repentance Mantra)
OM SAL-BA MOT-CHA MO-JI SA-DA-YA SA-BA-HA (3 times)
OM SAL-BA MOT-CHA MO-JI SA-DA-YA SA-BA-HA (3 times)
JUN-JE GONG-DOK-CHI 准提功德聚
Collection of merits accumulated by Chandi.
JOK-JONG SHIM-SANG-SONG 寂靜心常誦
Whoever constantly recites this mantra with a mind dwelling in quiescence.
IL-CHE JE-DAE-NAN 一切諸大難
All the disasters and calamities
MU-NUNG CHIM-SHI-IN 無能侵是人
Cannot fall upon him
CHON-SANG GUM-IN-GAN 天上及人間
Heavenly gods and human beings
SU-BOK-YO BUL-DUNG 受福如佛等
Will receive blessings like Buddha
U-CHA YO-I-JU 遇此如意珠
And whoever meets this wish-fulfilling jewel
JONG-HAEK-JU-DUNG-DUNG 定獲無等等
Will surely obtain the supreme and complete enlightenment.
NA-MU CHIL-GU-JI BUL-MO-DAE JUN-JE BO-SAL (3 times)
南無七俱胝佛母大准提菩薩
Homage to the great bodhisattva Chandi, Mother of Seven Hundred Millions of Buddhas.
JONG BOP-GE JIN-ON 淨法界眞言
(Mantra for cleansing the Dharma Realm)
OM NAM (3times)
OM NAM (3times)
HO SHIN JIN-ON  護身眞言
(Mantra for Self-protection)
OM CHI RIM (3 times)
OM CHI RIM (3 times)
KWAN-SE-UM BO-SAL BON-SHIM MI-MYO YUK-JA DAE-MYONG-WANG JIN ON
觀世音菩薩本心微妙六字大明王眞言
(The mantra of Six-Syllabled Great Vidya King of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara’s Original Mind and Marvels.)
OM MA-NI PAN-ME HUM (3 times)
OM MA-NI PAN-ME HUM (3 times)
JUN-JE-JIN-ON 准提眞言
(Chandi Bodhisattva’s Mantra)
NA-MU SA-DA-NAM SAM-MYAK SAM-MOT-TA GU-CHI-NAM DAN-NYA-TAOM JA-RE JU-RE JUN-JE SA-BA-HA BU-RIM ( 3 times)
NA-MU SA-DA-NAM SAM-MYAK SAM-MOT-TA GU-CHI-NAM DAN-NYA-TA OM JA-RE JU-RE JUN-JE SA-BA-HA BU-RIM ( 3 times)
A-GUM JI-SONG DAE-JUN-JE
我今持誦大准提 
Now that I reverently retain and recite this great Chandi Bodhisattva’s Mantra,
JUK-BAL BO-RI-GWANG-DAE-WON
卽發菩提廣大願
And immediately generate enlightenment mind and make the vast and great vow,
WON-A JONG-HAE SOK-WON-MYONG
願我定慧速圓明
Please let me swiftly culminate my practice of both concentration and wisdom.
WON-A GONG-DOK KAE-SONG-CHI
願我功德皆成就
Please let me achieve accumulation of all the merits.
WON-A SUNG-BOK BYON-JANG-OM
願我勝福遍莊嚴
Please let me pervade and adorn everywhere with excellent blessings.
WON-GONG JUNG-SANG-SUNG-BUL-DO.願共衆生成佛道
Please let me attain the Buddhahood together with all the sentient beings.
YO-RAE SHIP-DAE BAR-WON-MUN
如來十代發願文
(The Ten Great Vows of the Tathagata)
WON-A YONG-NI SAM-AK-DO
願我永離三惡道 
I will always stay far from the three evil realms.
WON-A SOK-DAN TAM-JIN-CHI
願我速斷貪瞋痴
I will sever all avarice, anger and folly.
WON-A SANG-MUN BUL-BOP-SUNG
願我常聞佛法僧
I will always be mindful of the Three Jewels.
WON-A KUN-SU GYE JONG-HAE
願我勤修戒定慧
I will diligently cultivate the Precepts, meditation and wisdom.
WON-A HANG-SU JE-BUR-HAK
願我恒隨諸佛學
I will constantly cultivate the Buddha’s Teachings.
WON-A BUL-TE BO-RI-SHIM
願我不退菩提心
I will not retreat in my quest for Enlightenment.
WON-A GYOL-JONG SAENG-AN-YANG
願我決定生安養
I will always be reborn under favorable conditions.
WON-A SOK-KYON A-MI-TA
願我速見阿彌陀
I will quickly come to realize my Buddha nature.
WON-A BUN-SHIN BYON-JIN-CHAL
願我分身遍塵刹
I will project myself throughout the universes.
WON-A KWANG-DO JE-JUNG-SAENG
願我廣度諸衆生
I will always guide sentient beings in the Great Way.
BAL SA-HONG SO-WON 發四弘誓願
(The Four (eight) Vows)
JUNG-SAENG MU-BYON SO-WON-DO
衆生無邊誓願度
However innumerable the sentient beings, I vow to save them all.
BON-NE MU-JIN SO-WON-DAN
煩惱無盡誓願斷
However inexhaustible the delusions, I vow to abandon them all.
BOM-MUN MU-RYANG SO-WON-HAK
法門無量誓願學
However immeasurable Buddha’s teachings, I vow to learn them all.
BUL-DO MU-SANG SO-WON-SONG
佛道無上誓願成
However unsurpassable the way of the Buddha, I vow to attain it.
JA-SONG JUNG-SAENG SO-WON-DO
自性衆生誓願度
I vow to save all the sentient beings within myself.
JA-SONG BON-NE SO-WON-DAN
自性煩惱誓願斷
I vow to abandon all the delusions within myself.
JA-SONG BOM-MUN SO-WON-HAK
自性法門誓願學
I vow to learn all the Buddha’s teachings within myself.
JA-SONG BUL-DO SO-WON-SONG
自性佛道誓願成
I vow to attain the way of the Buddha within myself.
BAR-WON-I GI-MYONG-NAE SAM-BO
發願已歸命禮三寶
(Having developed the aspirations, and having further taken the vows, I go for refuge to the Three Jewels (Treasures) at the cost of my life.)
NA-MU SANG-JU SHI-BANG-BUL
南無常住十方佛
Homage to the Buddha who is always abiding in the universe.
NA-MU SANG-JU SHI-BANG-BUP
南無常住十方法
Homage to the Dharma, which is always abiding in the universe.
NA-MU SANG-JU SHI-BANG-SUNG
南無常住十方僧
Homage to the Sangha, which is always abiding in the universe.


Comments

Popular Posts